Playtime in primary schools is more important than ever as many children have struggled to reintegrate with friends, feel safe and reconnect with the natural world after the various restrictions that have been placed on their lives because of Covid-19. OPAL is an award-winning programme that helps schools improve children’s play experiences.
At this event you will hear from:
- Inner city schools with tiny playgrounds.
- Suburban schools with access to fields.
- A school supporting disabled children.
- An international school with very engaged parents.
You will also hear from Michael Follett, Founder and Director of Outdoor Play and Learning (OPAL) CIC, and Marguerite Hunter Blair, CEO of Play Scotland. Finally you will have the chance to share your stories and put questions to the panel.
You are guaranteed to take away information that will help you improve your school, whether you are looking for ideas for the last few weeks of summer term, or you want to make big improvements to children’s play opportunities – and therefore their outcomes – at your school.
- Michael Follett – OPAL Founder and Director
- Avinash Mani – Crescent Town Elementary School, Toronto
- Owen Wilder – Trinity CofE VA Primary and Nursery School, Exeter
- Marguerite Hunter Blair – CEO of Play Scotland
More speakers to be announced soon!
Many thanks to Sport England for funding this event.